If you select the Suppress CRN option, this is what happens:
- Consent of Instructor will be added to the Prerequisites tab (at OUR Data Entry level).
- Your Department Scheduler will have the ability (during the quarterly course scheduling maintenance period to suppress the CRN from showing in the class schedule.
Any additional information included in the Enrollment Restriction(s) text box will display in the General Catalog.
The following phrases are usually “Restrictions,” not Prerequisites. If you want the ability to request “enrollment restrictions” on your CRNs (schedules), then put phrases like these in the Restrictions field, not the prerequisite field, then follow the standard process of contacting the scheduling unit during the quarterly course scheduling maintenance period to utilize the restrictions.
Enrollment Restriction Examples
- Restricted to upper division standing.
- Restricted to graduate standing.
- Restricted to GPA 3.500.
- Open to students in _______ Major.
- Not open to _______.
- Pass One restricted to graduate standing.
- Limited enrollment.
- Class size limited to _______ students.
The catalog editor may change your text to suit the catalog style and format, but will retain the intent.