Graduation & Commencement
To apply for graduation, undergraduate students are required to complete the Online Graduation Application to be considered a candidate for graduation. Students who wish to apply to graduate but have been separated from the University for at least three months must contact the Office of the University Registrar.
To provide evidence of graduation and the completion of the degree requirements prior to the formal degree posting to the student record, please refer to the Education Verifications webpage.
- Submit Online Graduation Application.
- Refer to the Commencement website to file for participation in the commencement ceremony.
- File a minor declaration petition with the appropriate college Dean's office by their respective deadline.
- If you need to declare a change of major, submit your major change petition in OASIS at least one quarter prior to the quarter in which you filed to graduate.
- See a major advisor to confirm your major requirements are satisfied.
- Request a degree check from the appropriate Dean's office to evaluate university and college requirements at least two quarters prior to graduation.
- Verify transcripts for all transfer coursework has been submitted to Undergraduate Admissions for evaluation.
Note: This is not an inclusive list. For more detailed information, contact your college:
- College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Letters & Science
Note on Minors. Minors are not added to student records until approximately a month after the student's graduation date; after their graduation is approved by the dean's office. Do not wait for your minor to show up on your record before applying to graduate. Add the minor in your application, it will be added to your record later.
If you need to cancel your application for graduation, return to the Online Graduation Application and select the option to cancel your application.
Undergraduate students must apply and fill out their graduation application by the appropriate deadline for the quarter in which they are filing to graduate. Late applications for graduation are not accepted. The application deadlines are as follows:
Fall Quarter 2020
|Graduation Application Period||8/1-9/11/2020|
|Graduation Cancellation Deadline||12/11/2020|
|Degree Posting||Late February 2021|
|Diploma Distribution||Late April 2021|
Winter Quarter 2021
|Graduation Application Period||11/6-12/11/2020|
|Graduation Cancellation Deadline||3/12/2021|
|Degree Posting||Late May 2021|
|Diploma Distribution||Late July 2021|
Spring Quarter 2021
|Graduation Application Period||2/1-3/12/2021|
|Graduation Cancellation Deadline||6/3/2021|
|Degree Posting||Late August 2021|
|Diploma Distribution||Late October 2021|
|Graduation Application Period||6/1-7/23/2021|
|Graduation Cancellation Deadline||9/3/2021|
|Degree Posting||Late October 2021|
|Diploma Distribution||Late December 2021|
- Graduation Date. The official graduation date as it appears on the academic record.
- Degree Posting Date. The day your degree is posted to your academic record.
- Diploma Distribution Date. The date your diploma is available for pick-up or mailing.
Graduate students must contact Graduate Studies for candidacy information regarding filing fee deadlines for Masters and Doctoral Students. Information for degree candidates is available at:
For further information, see Graduate Studies.