The Online Student Services portal features Viewer tool which provides authorized staff and faculty the student view of MyUCDavis. With this tool, users are able to assist students interacting with the portal. Users with access to the tool will be able to view student registration, student records and other portal features requiring authentication for access. Using the Viewer tool will allow a greater level of customer service when supporting student requests regarding online systems. The tool is for viewing only and users cannot save registration changes to a student’s record.
Who can access the Viewer tool?
Access is strictly protected and only granted to staff who work in an office related to the campus central registration processes (details below), or academic and faculty advisers who assist students with registration. Exceptions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the University Registrar.
|Staff in the following UC Davis offices qualify for viewer tool access:|
What are the requirements for being granted access to the Viewer tool?
To be eligible for access to the Viewer tool, applicants must fulfill the following requirements :
- Privacy Training. Complete the training course FERPA-Student Privacy, Confidentiality, and Data Security. Available through the UC Learning Center (search for "FERPA"). Completion of Banner training also fulfills this requirement.
- Confidentiality Agreement. Sign (or digitally sign by clicking "I Accept") the Agreement to Preserve Privacy, Confidentiality, and Data Security. This agreement is included in the privacy training course (above) and so completion of the course also fulfills this requirement.
- Training. Complete the training course Schedule Builder - Impersonator Training. Available through the UC Learning Center.
How do I apply for access to the Viewer tool?
- Go to the SIS Tools and Services page and authenticate using your CAS ("Kerberos") login ID.
- Select "Request Access," and then select "Request Access Privileges."
- Select "myucdavis Viewer."
- Scroll to the bottom, and then select "Begin Application."
- Input your personal and department information.
- Input the name of your Supervisor or Department Chairperson.
- Enter a reason for requesting access.
- Submit and complete the application.
- You will be contacted after your application has been reviewed.