Skip to main content
- Students may cancel, before the start of instruction, or withdraw, after the start of instruction but on or before the last day of instruction, for any reason. The Cancellation/Withdrawal process separates the student from the university for the requested academic term and future academic terms. The student must submit a Readmission Application to return to the university.
- Cancellation/withdrawal from Summer Sessions does not affect attendance in academic terms.
- Planned Educational Leave Program (PELP) allows the undergraduate student to separate for one term, one time, during their academic career. Graduate students may PELP for up to three academic terms.
- Students may also be Administratively Withdrawn for several reasons, e.g. Entry Level Writing (ELWR), Dismissal, Office of Student Support and Judicial Affairs actions and Drop for Non-Payment.
- The Schedule of Refunds is applied to any leave from an academic term. Students are financially liable and responsible for the remaining percentage of tuition and fees not refunded by this schedule.
- Students who do not register for the current term and are not participating in an approved leave of absence are considered non-continuing and separated from the university. The student must submit a Readmission Application to return to the university.
- When a student Files to Graduate, they are considered non-continuing. Once they are degree awarded they may not return to the university under their previous degree objective.