The Montgomery GI Bill®-Selected Reserve program provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve, including the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Maine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.
Learn more about the Montgomery GI Bill®-Selected Reserve program from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- Member MUST be in drill status to use benefits.
- Member MUST have a signed six-year contract after July 1, 1985.
- Member MUST have completed 180 days of duty in the selected reserve or guard.
- Member MUST have a GED or high school diploma.
- Apply for benefits online
- Veteran Affairs also has information about applying by mail or in-person, and you will need the following paperwork:
- Application for Educational Benefits: VA Form 22-1990
- Copy of Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) can be obtained from member's unit.
- Copy of Reserves/Guard Kicker paperwork.
Required Forms for UC Davis
- Submit the following documentation to the Office of the University Registrar through the OUR Veterans Portal:
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Copy of DD-214 (Member 4 Copy)
- Intake form
- Academic Plan Form (APF) - submitted every term
- If you used VA benefits at a prior institution, you are required to complete and return a VA form (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training) to the UC Davis Veterans Success Center. Veterans use VA Form 22-1995.