Policies & Procedures for Cross-Campus On-Line Enrollment
Detailed information is available at Cross-Campus On-Line Enrollment.
Graduate students interested in taking UC Online courses must follow the Intercampus Exchange (ICE) process.
For undergraduate students the application, course listings and enrollment information is at Cross-Campus On-Line Enrollment.
Eligibility Requirements for UC Davis Students (Academic Terms Only)
A student is qualified for Cross-Campus Enrollment, having met all of the following:
- Is enrolled for a minimum of 6 units for the requested term as a matriculated student at the home campus.
- Is in good standing.
- Has the appropriate academic preparation as determined by the host campus.
International students with F1/J1 visas may have different requirements and need to consult with SISS and/or their advisor regarding enrollment in online courses.
Students who need to satisfy the Entry Level Writing Requirement are able to enroll in UC Irvine's Cross-Campus online Introduction to Writing and Rhetoric, WR 039A course. Unique only to this course offering, students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units, you must be a matriculated student at UC Davis for the requested term, and earn a C or higher in WR 039A to satisfy the Entry Level Writing Requirement. P/NP grade mode is not permitted if wanting to satisfy this requirement.
College of Engineering students need to contact the College of Engineering for authorization to take a course on a P/NP basis. Requests to enroll in a P/NP online course are denied without prior approval.
Approval is only valid for the term specified and is subject to space availability, deadlines, registration procedures and priorities at the host campus.
- Additional fees (lab, materials, breakage, computer, transcript, etc.) required of other students are assessed and must be paid by host campus deadline dates.
- Academic advising is available only at the home campus.
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of course prerequisites may be required at the time of enrollment.
- Students are advised to provide a copy of their relevant transcripts.
- Financial aid is available only through the home campus. Students eligible for Veterans, Rehabilitation, Social Security and other Federal, State or County benefits must secure eligibility certification through the home campus.
- At the end of each term, a transcript is sent automatically to the home campus for each participant.
- Additional transcripts may be requested from the host campus according to host campus procedures.
- Health services at the host campus are limited to treatment for emergencies.
- Simultaneously enrolled students are not entitled to student services without payment of additional fees.
- These services include, but are not limited to, career services, recreational facilities and housing.
- Students are subject to all administrative procedures of the host campus, including the Student Conduct Code.
- Students are urged to secure approval of the home campus academic advisor prior to cross-campus enrollment to ensure course(s) meets home campus requirements.
Current Cross-Campus Enrolled Student Exam Information
As of fall 2017, the Davis Division of the Academic Senate (Regulations of the Davis Division of the Academic Senate, 538) no longer requires that all exams (midterms and finals) given in an online course be proctored: http://academicsenate.ucdavis.edu/committees/committee-list/coci/policies-and-procedures.cfm#web. The University Registrar offers the instructor of each online class the option to have the final in any of the TBA slots. Additional options for administration of final exams in online courses include the use of testing centers, online proctoring services, and take-home examinations. Students shall be notified of the time and place of the final on or before the first day of instruction.
If you have any other questions about the program, or are enrolled and would like to make a change to the course (e.g., variable unit, grade mode) or you want to drop the course entirely, you must contact the Cross-Campus Enrollment in On-Line Courses Program directly at email@example.com.