Simultaneous Enrollment at a Non-University of California

Per Davis Division Academic Senate Regulation A553, a student may not obtain transfer credit for courses taken at a non-University of California campus in a term during which the student is registered as a full-time student at UC Davis. A variance can be obtained only by petitioning the Dean of your College prior to enrollment. When a variance is granted, units earned are counted toward minimum progress for the term in which the dual registration occurs.

To petition for a variance, submit a Simultaneous Enrollment At Another University webform to your college.

Summer session courses are exempt from this regulation. Current students may transfer credit for courses taken during the summer at other institutions, provided the courses parallel those given in the University of California. Assurance that such credit will be accepted, however, can be given only after the courses have been completed. Students must arrange to have the transcript of summer session grades sent to Undergraduate Admissions for evaluation.