A hold may be placed on your record for a variety of reasons; some common holds are:
- IZ: Student Health & Wellness—Proof of Immunizations needed.
- U2: University Registrar—UG readmission student missing transfer transcripts.
- VP: Violence Intervention & Prevention—complete the program.
- ZA: Student Accounting—Past due hold.
- ZD: Student Accounting—Long-term loan hold.
Clearing all holds before your registration appointment will save you time. If the hold is not cleared, you will be prevented from taking any and all registration actions. This includes:
- Adding, dropping classes and switching sections.
- Changing the grading mode (letter grade, P/NP, S/U) and variable units.
Use Schedule Builder to check your holds. If you have a hold, contact the office that placed the hold(s) to resolve the matter and clear the hold.
Only the office that placed the hold may remove the hold. The Office of the University Registrar is not authorized to remove a hold placed by another office.