Switching Sections/Courses Prior To the Deadlines
On or before the last day to add deadline and the designated course drop deadline, students may switch from one section to another section of the same course or another course by using Schedule Builder:
- Under Actions, select Swap Section/Course.
- Find the new section of the same course or another course to add and select Swap.
- If seats are available in the new section/course, the old one will be dropped and enrollment in the new section/course will occur simultaneously.
- If you cannot register for the new section/course because it is full and you selected the allow waitlisting option, you will be dropped from the previous section/course and placed on the waitlist for the new section/course.
- If you cannot register for the new section/course because it is full and you did NOT allow waitlisting, nothing will change with your course registration.
- If you cannot register for the new section/course because of registration errors, such as restrictions, nothing will change with your course registration.
Switching Sections Into a Closed Section Using Instructor Permission Prior To the Deadlines
Do not add the desired closed course/section using a PTA number. Complete an Undergraduate Course Change form:
- Obtain permission and the signature of the course instructor.
- Submit the completed form to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Completing a section switch using a PTA is not recommended for undergraduate students. Doing so requires the student to drop the old section and applicable late schedule adjustment fees will be assessed to the student account.
- Drop the old section of the course. Important: DO NOT DROP the original section until you have been issued the PTA.
- Search for the new course section using the CRN.
- Select Actions and select Register with PTA.
- Enter the 9-digit PTA number.
- Check and confirm enrollment
- A $3.00 fee for the late add will be charged to the student account.
Switching Sections After the Deadlines
See Late Actions.