To file for graduation, undergraduate students must complete the Online Graduation Application. Students who wish to file to graduate but have been separated from the University for at least three months must contact the Office of the University Registrar.
To provide evidence of graduation and the completion of the degree requirements prior to the formal degree posting to the student record, please refer to the Education Verifications web page.
Undergraduate students must file their graduation application by the appropriate deadline for the quarter in which they are filing to graduate. Late applications for graduation are not accepted. The application deadlines are as follows:
|Term||Graduation Filing Period||Graduation Cancellation Deadline|
|Winter Quarter 2018||11/8-12/8/2017||3/16/2018|
|Spring Quarter 2018||2/1-3/16/2018||7/11/2018|
|Fall Quarter 2018||8/1-9/14/2018||
|Term||Graduation Date||Degree Posting||Diploma Distribution|
|Winter Quarter 2018||3/23/2018||Late May 2018||Late July 2018|
|Spring Quarter 2018||6/14/2018||Late August 2018||Late October 2018|
|Summer 2018||9/14/2018||Late October 2018||Late December 2018|
|Fall Quarter 2018||12/14/2018||Late February 2019||Late April 2019|
- Graduation Date: The official graduation date as it will appear on the academic record.
- Posting Date: The day your degree is posted to your academic record.
- Diploma Distribution Date: The date your diploma is available for pick-up or mailing.
Note: Minors are not added to student records until approximately a month after the student's graduation date, after their graduation is approved by the dean's office. Please do not wait for your minor to show up on your record before you file to graduate because you will not be able to see it on your record until after your graduation date, when the degree is posted. Write the minor down on your application, it will be added to your record later.
- Submit Online Graduation Application.
- Contact your college Dean's office to file for participation in the commencement ceremony.
- File a minor declaration petition with the appropriate college Dean’s office by their respective deadline.
- If you need to declare a change of major, submit your major change petition your college Dean's office at least one quarter prior to the quarter in which you filed to graduate.
- See a major adviser to confirm major requirements are satisfied.
- Request a degree check from the appropriate dean’s office to evaluate university and college requirements at least two quarters prior to graduation.
- Verify transcripts for all transfer coursework has been submitted to Undergraduate Admissions for evaluation.
Note: This is not an inclusive list. For more detailed information, contact your college:
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Letters and Science
Should you need to cancel your application for graduation, return to the Online Graduation Application and select the option to cancel your application.
Undergraduates must register to participate in commencement. For commencement eligibility and registration information, visit the Commencement website.
All undergraduate students are required to file and complete the Online Graduation Application to be considered a candidate for graduation. In addition to filing for graduation, students will also want to register to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Graduate students must contact Graduate Studies for candidacy information regarding filing fee deadlines for Masters and Doctoral Students. Information for degree candidates is available at:
For further information, contact Graduate Studies.