Readmission Checklist

The Office of the University Registrar is conducting business by phone & virtually.

Call 530-752-3639, M-F, 10 a.m.-2 p.m (PT)  Order official electronic UC Davis Transcripts  Need help? Contact an Expert  Latest Coronavirus Information

Please allow for extended response times. Thank you for visiting the Office of the University Registrar and for your ongoing patience & understanding during this unprecedented time!

Students approved for readmission follow this checklist and complete all of the actions:

1. Residence Classification for Purposes of Tuition in Your Readmitted Quarter—Statement of Legal Residence (SLR)

  • Away less than one year. Students who attended UC Davis one, two or three quarters ago, a Statement of Legal Residence is not required, if a U.S. Citizen.
  • Away more than one year. Students who have been away from UC Davis more than three quarters, or are not a U.S. citizen, an SLR is required when approved for readmission. An email notice from a Residence Deputy is sent providing a link to the online SLR or students may also request a link to the SLR by emailing a Residence Deputy when readmission is approved.
  • Nonresident Students. Students who were classified as nonresidents during their previous attendance and who seek resident classification for their readmitted quarter should contact a Residence Deputy as soon as possible upon readmission approval.

2. Noncitizens & International Students

  • If your immigration status has changed since your last term of attendance, notify a Residence Deputy at the Office of the University Registrar immediately and prepare to provide copies of your immigration documents.
  • If your Readmission Application is approved, you should contact your SISS International Student Advisor to learn how to update your immigration document.

3. Official transfer transcripts

  • An official copy must be sent to and received by the college Dean’s office (see the college website for the mailing address)
  • An official copy must be sent to and received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.  Mail to: University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616. It may take at least one quarter after your readmit quarter for these transcripts to be evaluated.

4. Contact Student Accounting, if you have any of the following hold(s) on your account:

  • ZF-Student Accounting Exit Interview Hold, call Student Accounting at 530-752-5870.  Registration is blocked until this hold is removed.
  • ZD-Student Accounting Long Term Loan Hold, call Student Accounting at 530-752-3646. Registration is blocked until this hold is removed.
  • ZA/ZU-Student Accounting Past Due Hold, call Student Accounting at 530-752-3646. Registration is blocked until this hold is removed.
  • For more information; see Student Accounting Financial Holds.

5. Financial Aid

  • To check on the status of your Financial Aid, see MyAwards.
  • Check for any outstanding holds such as Satisfactory Academic Progress, Defaulted Federal and/or Institutional Loans, etc.
  • Check for outstanding requirements such as Verification, Citizenship, Selective Service, etc.

6. Campus Computing Account

  • Three to four days after receiving approval from the college Dean’s office, activate or check on the status of your campus computing account at Information and Educational Technology. It may take up to 48 hours for your activated account to be accessible to you.

7. Registration process

8. Pay Fees

  • Check your account balance at MyBill. You will not receive a paper bill. If you have not enrolled by the end of Pass I registration, you may check the Account Detail on MyBill the day after you enroll.
  • To avoid being dropped from your classes due to non-payment, pay your student fees by the Student Fee Payment Deadline. You may pay by one of the following methods:
    • Electronic check (no transaction fee) or Discover credit card ($12 service fee per transaction) at MyBill.
    • In person with cash or check at Cashier’s Office in 1200 Dutton Hall, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (PT).
    • Mail a paper check payable to UC Regents to the Cashier’s Office, University of California, P.O. Box 989062, West Sacramento, California, 95798-9062. Checks should include your student identification number. Fees must be received by the posted deadlines. Postmarks are not accepted.

9. Account Balance

  • If there is a balance due on your account from your previous attendance, that balance is due and payable with your current enrollment fees. If that balance is not resolved, you may be dropped from your courses.

10. Academic Advising

  • The Office of the University Registrar cannot provide academic advising. Contact your Academic Advisor to clarify any questions you may have about selecting courses to complete your academic plan.

11. Reduced Fee Options

  • Review the requirements for Part-Time enrollment or Career Staff, if you are seeking reduced fees in your readmitted quarter.

12. Student Disability Center (SDC)

  • If you are seeking accommodations for a disability, please contact SDC at 530-752-3184 or see SDC.

For other questions about the Readmission process, contact the Office of the University Registrar.