Staff Newsletter - Fall 2014
10th Day of Instruction - October 15th
- Last day to petition for Part Time status.
- Last day to petition for the Employee-Student Reduced Fee.
- Last day to file for PELP.
- Last day to drop designated 10-day drop courses.
20th Day of Instruction - October 29th
- Last day to drop designated 20-day drop courses.
25th Day of Instruction - November 5th
- Last day to opt for P/NP or S/U grading.
- Last day to change units of a variable unit course.
Graduate Student Final Fee Payment Deadline - November 20th
Deadline to use PTA's - December 12th
Deadline to use PTD's - December 12th
November 3, 2014
The newsletter contains important dates for the term in addition to information about OUR processes that you may not be aware of but are interested in learning about. If you have a topic that you would like to see covered, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.
For your reference, Newsletters are archived on the Office of the University Registrar's website in the Faculty and Staff section.
Note: Because email programs vary in how they display the email newsletter, you may find this version allows for easier printing.
This program, formerly UCOE, is a UC Systemwide program allowing UC students to take online courses hosted by other UC campuses simultaneous with their enrollment at UC Davis.
Students select the course they want and apply for the program online at UC Cross-Campus Enrollment. Additionally, to make it easier for students to select courses, the OUR and the Dean's Offices worked together to determine the UC Davis equivalencies for the various online course offerings.
If a student has not registered by the 12th day of instruction, then SISWeb and the Schedule Builder registration system shuts down for them and they are not be able to register. In order to be allowed to register late for the current term, the student must:
- Acquire a memo from the Graduate Program Faculty Adviser approving late registration. The memo should include a PTA number, obtained from the Graduate Program Coordinator, for just one course (including the number of units, if it is variable), a reason for why the registration is late and a statement that fees will be paid (either by the student personally or by the department).
- The memo then goes to Graduate Studies for their approval. If approved, Graduate Studies will authorize the University Registrar's Office to enroll the student in the course associated with the PTA. This enrollment will assess fees and reinstate access to SISWeb and Schedule Builder registration allowing the student to make other schedule adjustments.
Please note that only Graduate Studies has the authority to allow graduate students late registration.
Graduate students who have not paid tuition, fees and any outstanding balance due by their final student fee payment deadline may be cancelled from their future term, and all registered classes for the future term will be dropped for non-payment.
Graduate students who wish to re-register after having been dropped for non-payment for the future term must:
- Pay all current term tuition and fees, the late registration fee, and any outstanding balance due.
- Take proof of payment to the Office of Graduate Studies. The Office of Graduate Studies will reactivate the term.
- Once reactivated, register for classes via SISWeb and/or Schedule Builder.
Graduate students who choose to withdraw from the current term or not to be reactivated for the future term, are still responsible for current term tuition, fees and any outstanding balance due. If their future term is not re-activated, they may be required to formally reapply to a UC Davis graduate program for any future term.