Filing to Graduate
For information about diplomas, see the Diploma webpage.
To file for graduation, undergraduate students must complete the Online Graduation Application.
Should you need proof of your degree prior to your degree posting and diploma being available, please refer to the Education Verifications webpage.
Note: Contact the Office of the University Registrar if you are applying to graduate and have been separated from the University for at least three months.
Undergraduate students must file their graduation application by the appropriate deadline for the quarter in which they are filing to graduate. Late applications for graduation are not accepted. The application deadlines are as follows:
|Term||Graduation Filing Period||Graduation Cancellation Deadline|
|Fall Quarter 2016||8/1–9/9/2016||12/2/2016|
|Winter Quarter 2017||11/8–12/2/2016||3/17/2017|
|Spring Quarter 2017||2/1–3/17/2017||
|Term||Graduation Date||Degree Posting||Diploma Distribution|
|Fall Quarter 2016||12/9/2016||Late February 2017||Late April 2017|
|Winter Quarter 2017||3/24/2017||Late May 2017||Late July 2017|
|Spring Quarter 2017||6/15/2017||Late August 2017||Late October 2017|
|Summer 2017||9/15/2017||Late October 2017||Late December 2017|
- Graduation Date: The official graduation date as it will appear on academic record.
- Posting Date: The day your degree is posted to your academic record.
- Diploma Distribution Date: The date your diploma is available for pick-up or mailing.
- Submit Online Graduation Application.
- Contact your dean's office to file for participation in commencement ceremony.
- File a minor declaration petition with the appropriate dean’s office by their respective deadline.
- If you need to declare a change of major, submit your major change petition to your dean's office at least one quarter prior to the quarter in which you filed to graduate.
- See a major adviser to confirm major requirements are satisfied.
- Request a degree check from the appropriate dean’s office to evaluate university and college requirements at least two quarters prior to graduation.
- Verify transcripts for all transfer coursework has been submitted to Undergraduate Admissions for evaluation.
Note: This is not an inclusive list. For more detailed information, contact your college:
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- College of Biological Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Letters and Science
Should you need to cancel your application for graduation, return to the Online Graduation Application and select the option to cancel your application.
Undergraduates must register to participate in commencement. For commencement eligibility and registration information, visit the Commencement website.
All undergraduate students are required to file and complete the Online Graduation Application to be considered a candidate for graduation. In addition to filing for graduation, students will also want to register to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Graduate students must contact the Office of Graduate Studies for candidacy information regarding filing fee deadlines for Master’s and Doctoral Students. Information for degree candidates are available on the Office of Graduate Studies website:
For further information, contact the Office of Graduate Studies.