Deadlines and procedures vary widely. Please review the information for each program carefully.
There are a variety of special programs that allow students to take courses at other UC’s, at Community or CSU’s, in Sacramento, in Washington DC or abroad.
Each program has it’s own requirements and application process.
If you are interested in studying abroad, visit UC Davis Study Abroad or these specific study abroad program pages:
- UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP).
- UC Davis Quarter Abroad program.
- UC Davis Summer Abroad program.
Other UC Campuses
If you are interested in studying at another University of California campus, these programs might be for you:
- Intercampus Exchange Program (ICE) is for Graduate Students only and is handled by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Intercampus Visitor Program (ICV) is for Undergraduate Students only and is handled by the Office of the University Registrar.
- Simultaneous with UC Berkeley allows Undergraduate students to take one course at UC Berkeley, while registered full-time at UC Davis.
- Cross-Campus Enrollment allows students to register for online courses at other UC campuses.
Community College or California State University
If you wish to take a course at a community college or California State University (CSU), then the Intersegmental Cross Enrollment program allows you to do that.
The Los Rios School District (Sacramento City, American River, Consumnes River and Folsom Lake College) does NOT participate in this program.
Washington DC Program
If you are interested in studying at the Washington DC center, see the Washington DC program.
In this program, specific courses are approved for and taken in Washington DC. There are NO exceptions allowing for registration outside of the approved program courses.
UC Center Sacramento
If you are interested in taking courses and internship regarding government or public policy, see the UC Center Sacramento program.