Readmission Checklist

Requesting An SLR

To request an SLR after your approved readmission, contact a Residence Deputy at

If you receive approval from your Dean's Office, follow this checklist and complete all of the actions.

1. Residence Classification for Purposes of Tuition in Your Readmitted QuarterStatement of Legal Residence (SLR)

  • Away less than one year: If you attended UC Davis one, two or three quarters ago, a Statement of Legal Residence is not required, if you are a U.S. Citizen.
  • Away more than one year: If you have been away from UC Davis more than three quarters, or you are not a U.S. citizen, an SLR is required as part of your approved readmission. You will receive an email notice from a Residence Deputy providing a link to the online SLR. You may also request a link to the SLR by emailing a Residence Deputy when your readmission is approved.
  • Nonresident Students: Students who were classified as nonresidents during their previous attendance and who seek resident classification for their readmitted quarter should contact a Residence Deputy as soon as possible upon readmission approval.

2. Noncitizens & International Students: If your immigration status has changed since your last term of attendance, notify a Residence Deputy at the Office of the University Registrar immediately and prepare to provide copies of your immigration documents.

International Students—Notify Services for International Students and Scholars of your approved readmission.

3. Official transfer transcripts must be received by your Dean’s Office (see the appropriate website for the Dean’s Office address) and: Office of Undergraduate Admissions, University of California, One Shields Ave., Davis, CA 95616. It may take at least one quarter after your readmit quarter for these transcripts to be evaluated.

4. Contact Student Accounting, if you have any of the following hold(s) on your account:

  • ZF-Student Accounting Exit Interview Hold, call Student Accounting at 530-752-5870.  You will be blocked from registration until this hold is removed.
  • ZD-Student Accounting Long Term Loan Hold, call Student Accounting at 530-752-3646. You will be blocked from registration until this hold is removed.
  • ZA/ZU-Student Accounting Past Due Hold, call Student Accounting at 530-752-3646. You will be blocked from registration until this hold is removed.

More information about Student Accounting Financial Holds can be found on the Student Accounting website.

5. Financial Aid: Visit MyAwards to check on the status of your Financial Aid:

  • Check for any outstanding holds such as Satisfactory Academic Progress, Defaulted Federal and/or Institutional Loans, etc.
  • Check for outstanding requirements such as Verification, Citizenship, Selective Service, etc.

6. Campus Computing Account: Three to four days after you receive your approval from the Dean’s Office you should activate or check on the status of your campus computing account at Information and Educational Technology. It may take up to 48 hours for your activated account to be accessible to you.

7. Registration process: Register via Schedule Builder. After your campus computing account is activated, check the Academic Calendar to see when your registration appointment times will be available. Please note that there is a Registration Freeze in place for the day of and two business days after the fee payment deadline. During this time no student is able to make registration changes.

8. Pay Fees: Check your account balance at MyBill. You will not receive a paper bill. If you have not enrolled by the end of Pass I registration, you may check your account summary on MyBill the day after you enroll. To avoid being dropped from your classes due to non-payment, pay your student fees by the Student Fee Payment Deadline. You may pay by one of the following methods:

  • In person at Cashier’s Office in 1200 Dutton Hall, Monday-Friday 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (PT).
  • Mail check to: Cashier’s Office, University of California, P.O. Box 989062, West Sacramento, California, 95798-9062. Checks should include your student identification number and should be payable to UC Regents. Fees must be received by the posted deadlines. Postmarks are not accepted.
  • Electronic check (no transaction fee) or Discover credit card ($12 service fee per transaction) at MyBill.

9. Account Balance: If there is a balance due on your account from your previous attendance, that balance is due and payable with your current enrollment fees. If that balance is not resolved, you may be dropped from your courses.

10. Academic Advising: The Office of the University Registrar cannot provide academic advising.  Contact your Academic Advisor to clarify any questions you may have about selecting courses to complete your academic plan.

11. Reduced Fee Options: Review the requirements for Part-Time enrollment or Career Staff, if you are seeking reduced fees in your readmitted quarter.

12. Student Disability Center (SDC): If you are seeking accommodations for a disability, please contact SDC at 530-752-3184 or visit the SDC website.

For questions about the Readmission process, contact the Office of the University Registrar.