Add or Update Instructor
Update or Change Instructor
- Place cursor in ID field.
- Clear this field by pressing Shift+F6 (Delete Record). This is a crucial step. Do not use the “delete” key, “backspace” key, or try to key over the existing ID, as you will get an error message.
- Key Instructor 9 digit ID number. If you do not know the ID, refer to Find/Add Instructor steps below.
- Save the change (F10).
Find or Add Instructor
- From the Instructor ID field, press F9 or select the pull down menu tab to go to the Faculty/Advisor Query Form (SIAIQRY).
- Press Ctrl+Page Down once and tab to enter the instructor's name in the appropriate fields. These fields are case sensitive, first letter is upper case, all others are lower case. Use wildcard (%) as needed.
- Press F8—Execute Query or select the “Execute Query” icon to search for the instructor’s ID.
- When you have retrieved the instructor information, either:
- Choose the “Select” icon.
- Choose “Select” from the File menu.
- Press Shift+F3.
- Press F10 to Save. To exit without a selection and return back to the ZSADEPT form, press the Ctrl+Q or select the “Exit” icon.
NOTE: The ID number “989999999” corresponds to “The Staff” in the instructor field.
Primary Indicator: Default setting. Only one of the instructors may have the primary instructor designation for team-taught courses (two or more instructors), add additional instructors on lines below.
Override Indicator: check box for the following conflict situations:
Any course with “The Staff” (ID “989999999”) as the instructor, to avoid a system delay and instructor conflict.
Multiple section courses (except the first section, e.g., A01) and cross listed courses to avoid an instructor conflict.